2 out of 4
16. Is this a good time to talk? Sorry, no. I _____ dinner.
41. I ____ to be picking Tom up at the station but I’ve lost my keys
42. By the age of 18, I ____ not go to university.
43. The amount of organically grown food on sale has ____ enormously in recent years.
44. You may borrow my laptop ____ you promise to look after it.
3 out of 4
45. Pierre tends to put ____ dealing with problems, rather than dealing with them immediately.
46. My mother’s Italian, so ____ the language has been quite easy for me.
47. The factory workers threatened ____ on strike if they didn’t get a pay rise.
48. There’s going to be a new department at work. They’ve asked me to ____ it up.
49. By the end of today’s seminar I will ____ to each of you individually.
50. Our students take their responsibilities very ____.
51. People were amazed that the burglary took place in ____ daylight.
52. The police claimed that they acted in self- ____
53. He turned ____ to be considerably older than I had imagined.
54. Speed cameras ____ shown to reduce accidents.
55. The experiment ____ testing people’s responses before and after drinking coffee.
56. Having ____ his driving test several times, Paul finally passed at the fourth attempt.
57. Maintaining an accurate balance sheet is essential, ____ business you’re in.
58. It’s no ____ for me to get Brad’s phone number-I’ll be seeing him tonight.
59. I don’t think the colours in Julia’s outfit ____ together.
4 out of 4
60. I prefer to buy CDs ____ download music from my computer.